Saturday, February 19, 2011

Battle Scars.


Battle scars.
Originally uploaded by Nix Sidhe

Oh hey there, 2011, nice to see you. I'm glad for another new year and for the deceptively mild and beautiful winter we've been having.

I'm even more glad for the steady stream of commissioned orders I've been receiving for my Zomb-me's and the ability/drive to put a lot of work and effort into them. I've really been honing my skills and testing out new processes. I'm hoping to really bring them into their own this year. I want to see this Zomb-me's become something even more unique and really loved. Don't get me wrong, I love sewing with my machine very very much but these hand sewn plush really make me so deliriously happy. The ability to carry them with me and work on them at my day job and at the new craft night I've started makes them the perfect project. (More on the craft night in a bit.)

I've been eyeing up the competition on Etsy, checking out other zombies whether dolls or plush. (I love seeing other people's creative interpretations on a zombie.) I've also been looking at doing some of what I call "Rotten-made" (think "ready-made") Zomb-mes for events like Horror Realm and World Zombie Day both proudly hosted here in Pittsburgh. I'm also considering doing some other craft shows here if I can get enough of  back stock and applying to Plush You!. I've been longing reading that blog and wanting to apply for ever and this year I finally feel like my plush have come around to something I'd be proud to enter.

Last but most certainly not least, I started a craft night called "Yarn 'N Yinz" at a local coffee shop, The Beehive in the Southside. This happens the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month, so if you're in/around da 'burgh stop down!!!

So far 2011 has been a wonderfully creative year thus far and I'm hoping to keep that going as long as I can. I want to turn this hobby into something really big, fun, and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment