Sunday, November 14, 2010

Radio Silence.


Stitch and Destroy.
Originally uploaded by Nix Sidhe

I very very vividly remember a time when I was using the Magic and Wonder of the World Wide Web for creative purposes. To research ideas, plan projects, or get feedback. My productivity was high and I felt really good about what I was putting out there into the ether. Now, not so much.

Lately I've been in a sort of radio-silence mode. No real facespace status updates, no tweets, nothing. To quote the character Joel from one of my favorite movies of all time, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: "Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating." By blathering on incessantly I wasn't really taking anything in nor was I really GIVING anything. I was just making sound for the sake of hearing my own voice. For someone who's main drive in life is to create, that is incredibly counter intuitive.

Starting today: November 14th, 2010 I promise to spend at the absolute very least 1 hour working on creative pursuits. Whether that is drawing, sewing, gifts, the quilt, anything. I'd like to set an additional goal of finishing one entire piece a week, but I don't know how do-able that is. In additional to working for at least an hour each day, I am going to really start keeping track of all the projects I have started this will help me keep from starting things and never finishing them.

I've been lax since 2010 started and I can feel it. I feel rusty in my sewing and sketching. So here's to creating and radio-silence and a jump start on 2011: A Year of Creative Endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment